The Website of Pete and Pete
Special Guest Stars
These are the notable guest stars who have appeared in the show,
listed in alphabetical order.
- Selma Blair
- Selma Blair plays older Pete's infatuation Penelope Ghiruto in
"Das Bus". Blair has been in
- Steve Buscemi
- Steve Buscemi plays the part of Ellen's father in "Apocalypse Pete" and "Space, Geeks, and Johnny Unitas". In
"X=Why?" we learn that Mr. Hickle
is the high school guidance counselor. Buscemi has had a wide range
of roles in the movies from Miller's Crossing and
Reservoir Dogs to Airheads and Billy
Cleghorn IMDb entry
- Ellen Cleghorn is Stu Benedict's off-and-on girlfriend. She
appears in "Day of the Dot" and
"Yellow Fever". Stu makes several
references to her in various episodes. She was a cast member of
Saturday Night Live in the 1990s.
- LL Cool J IMDb
- LL Cool J plays the part of younger Pete's teacher in "Sickday". LL started as a rapper, but has
now turned to acting.
Marshall Crenshaw IMDb entry
- Marshall Crenshaw appears as the meter man who also helps
younger Pete find his favorite song in "Hard Day's Pete". Crenshaw is a solo
artist playing some cross between country and rock. He also
appeared as Buddy Holly in La Bamba.
- Art Donovan
- While searching for the connection between Johnny Unitas and
The Universe in Space, Geeks, and
Johnny Unitas", older Pete talks to Art Donavan who played
football with Unitas.
Donovan IMDb entry
- Martin Donovan plays the part of a crossing guard who conveys
messages between older Pete and Ellen during The Great Prank War in
"Apocolypse Pete". Donovan has
also appeared in several movies, including several by Hal Hartley
which also included Damian
Young (a.k.a. Stu Benedict). It looks like there's a Hal Hartley conspiracy.
- Richard Edson
- Richard Edson was the janitor in "Valetine's Day Massacre". Edson has been
in many movies (see IMDB link), but his first claim to
fame was as Sonic Youth's first drummer.
- Chris Elliott
- Chris Elliott is a psychic meterman in "Sickday". Elliott worked on Late Night
with David Letterman. He starred in his own short-lived tv show
Get a Life. He has also appeared in The Abyss and his
own movie Cabin Boy.
- Gordon Gano
- Gordon Gano plays the part of a teacher at older Pete and
Ellen's highschool in "X=Why?".
Gano is singer and guitar player for the Violent Femmes.
Garofalo IMDb entry
- Janeane Garofalo is an English teacher at older Pete and
Ellen's highschol in "X=Why?".
Garofalo was a leading cast member of ill-fated The Ben Stiller
Show, a supporting actor on The Larry Sanders Show, and
a member of Saturday Night Live. She has also done stand up
commedy and has appeared in a variety of movies.
- Frank Gifford
- Frank Gifford shows up at Dad's driving range to hit some golf
balls in "Rangeboy". Usually,
Gifford commentates on football on NBC during Sunday Night
- Debbie Harry
- Debbie Harry is a neighbor of the Wriggley's. The brothers Pete
try to talk her into having her yard swept for land mines. Harry
was the lead singer for Blondie. Now she does solo work as well as
playing with The Jazz Passangers.
Hatfield IMDb entry
- Juliana Hatfield shows up in one episode as a cafeteria worker
at older Pete's school in "Don't
Tread on Pete". Hatfield used to play bass in a band called
Blake Babies. She was in the Lemonheads for a while. She has also
put out an album on her own as well as with the Juliana Hatfield
- Patty Hearst
- Patty Hearst plays the part of the mom of the family that buys
the Wrigley's home in "35 Hours".
She has appeared in two films by John Waters: Cry-Baby and
Hickey IMDb entry
- William Hickey plays Dad's dad in "When Pete's Collide". It is now a
requirement that Hickey play a cranky old man on every show in
Johansen IMDb entry
- David Johansen plays the part of a law enforcement official
determined to bust Dad's chops in "On
Golden Pete". Johansen used to sing as Buster Poindexter, and
before that was a member of the New York Dolls.
Jackson IMDb entry
- Lucious Jackson is the stage band in "Dance Fever", playing for younger Pete's
first dance. The music heard at the dance in this episode is their
- Ann Magnuson
- Ann Magnuson is the postal carrier in "Crisis in the Love Zone" who
unwittingly causes younger Pete to fall in love with her. Magnuson
used to sing for Bongwater and has recently put out a solo album.
She has also appeared in movies like Clear and Present
Danger and Cabin Boy.
Matarazzo IMDb entry
- Heather Matarazzo plays a neighborhood kid in Nightcrawlers. Matarazzo has found success
in both tv and in feature films.
McLaughlin IMDb entry
- John McLaughlin shows up as himself to support older Pete's bid
for the family bowling ball in "When
Petes Collide". McLaughlin has his own political commentary
show The McLaughlin Group which airs weekly on your local
PBS station (check local listings).
- Miracle Legion is the annonymous band that plays younger Pete's
favorite song in the garage in "Hard
Day's Pete". They have also contributed heavily to the music in
other episodes, as well as providing the people behind Polaris who play the theme song for the
show. Check out the Music of
Pete & Pete Page for more information.
- Bebe Neuwirth
- Bebe Neuwirth played the part of a mail carrier in "The Call" and "Sickday". Neuwirth appeared on
Cheers as Frasier's wife Lilith; she occationally showed up
on Frasier reprising this role. Neuwirth is also an
accomplished Broadway actress.
Oleynik IMDb entry
- Larisa Oleynik plays a nurse in "Dance Fever". She was the title character
of The Secret World of Alex Mac. She has now worked in a
couple movies and in 3rd Rock from the Sun.
- Kate Pierson
- Kate Pierson plays the part of a mysterious, blind millionare
who knows Mr. Tastee in "What We
Did on Our Summer Vacation". In real life, Pierson is part of
- Iggy Pop IMDb
- In a couple of episodes, Iggy Pop plays the part of Nona's
father, James Mecklenberg. Iggy is a hip, old rock'n'roll
- Suzzy Roche
- Suzy Roche is Inspector 34's traffic cop love interest in
"Inspector 34". In real life,
Roche is a member of The Roches, a vocal singing group which has
been around since the late 70s.
- Shannon plays the part of the grocery clerk who smuggles
younger Pete an outdated tapioca pudding label in "Sickday". Shannon is the vocalist for
Velocity Girl. Rumor has it that Sarah agreed to be on the show
only if the name tag worn by the employee had her name on it;
unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to tell what the name tag
says. Explore the Subpop Web
site for more information about the band.
- Michael Stipe
- Michael Stipe shows up in one episode as a crusty fisherman
selling ice cream cones in "What
We Did on Our Summer Vacation". Normally, Stipe is the front
man for R.E.M., a popular alternative band.
- Syd Straw IMDb
- Syd Straw appears as a math teacher in "Space, Geeks, and Johnny Unitas",
"Valentine Day's Massacre",
"Hard Day's Pete", and "X=Why?". Straw is actually a solo artist
and has performed with the Golden Palominos. At least
one of her songs was used in an
episode of Pete & Pete.
- Adam West IMDb
- Adam West is Kent Schwinger, the principal of younger Pete's
junior high school in "Last Laugh"
and "Allnighter". Best know for his
portrayal of Bruce Wayne and his alter-ego Batman in the 60s, West
has done many other movies as well.